For a summer camp to remember, why not come to one of Wellgrove Farm Stables’ horse riding camps in Kent?
We have been running horse riding camps at Wellgrove for nearly 20 years, and they have proved very popular, catering for children from eight years upwards. The children camp on site in their own tents and live a complete horsey experience.
All levels of rider are welcome, and there is a lot of riding – between four and six hours each day of the pony camp – with riders divided into riding groups dependent on ability. Campers are also encouraged with many lectures, demonstrations and competitions run throughout the three days, and all these culminate in a presentation at the end of the summer pony camp.
Download a Wellgrove Farm Stables pony camp booking form and return it to us with a £50 deposit (non-refundable) to reserve your place!
2021 summer pony camp dates
We will be doing only one main summer camp this year, 26th, 27th and 28th July 2021.
Numbers are strictly limited and places open only to regular Wellgrove clients of canter level minimum.
There are 15 places open to those without their own horses, and 15 places available to riders with their own.
- £325 school horse (full price)
- £300 school horse with Pony Club membership discount
- £275 for riders with their own horses.
Pony camp frequently asked questions
These are some of the questions we have been asked in previous years – please don’t hesitate to ask any we haven’t answered here!
- All pony camp food is supplied by Wellgrove Farm Stables, and the campers are supervised at all times by our staff.
- All of our staff have had CRB and security checks through the Pony Club. All our instructors are BHS and ABRS trained, and familiar with Wellgrove’s horses and ponies.
- Your own horses and ponies are more than welcome at no extra charge, and these camps also work as a good introduction to starting to do a little bit more with horses that weren’t perhaps ready for branch camps.
- The campers will ride a variety of horses, although campers with their own ponies can reserve the right to maintain their pony only for their own use.
- Required equipment list:
- Tent (please let us know if you have not got one, and we can arrange to borrow one)
- Sleeping bag, mat and pillows etc
- Enough riding clothes for three days. We’re happy for riders to ride in tracksuit trousers, but at least one pair of jodhs please if possible.
- Casual clothes for evenings etc
- Riding boots, gloves and hat (we can lend boots and hat if required)
- Wash things
- Pen and paper
- Dandy brush and hoof pick
- Drop-off time is 10am on the first day, and pick-up time is 4pm on the last day, but tents can be put up early and taken down late if required.
- A phone will be available to campers at all times, but mobiles are discouraged if possible. Contact throughout the camp will be Emma 07887 777191