For a summer camp to remember, why not come to one of Wellgrove Farm Stables’ horse riding camps in Kent?
We have been running horse riding camps at Wellgrove for nearly 20 years, and they have proved very popular, catering for children from eight years upwards. The children camp on site in their own tents and live a complete horsey experience.
All levels of rider are welcome, and there is a lot of riding – between four and six hours each day of the pony camp – with riders divided into riding groups dependent on ability. Campers are also encouraged with many lectures, demonstrations and competitions run throughout the three days, and all these culminate in a presentation at the end of the summer pony camp.
Download a Wellgrove Farm Stables pony camp booking form and return it to us with a £50 deposit (non-refundable) to reserve your place!
2020 summer pony camp dates
Instead of Summer camps, for 2020 we will offer Fun Days on 27th July, 29th July, 11th August and 13th August.
These will consist of approximately the itinerary listed below and will only be available to independent riders who can prepare their own horse. Priority booking will be given to those who have pre paid camp deposits. Currently we can cater for 15 max on each day with riders staying in their rider ability groups for all activities. A full list of Covid assurances will be put forward soon.
- 9am start
- Preparing horses, lesson, hacking
- Lunch (packed lunch please, no food supplied)
- Lesson, stable management, competition
- 5pm home
Pony camp frequently asked questions
These are some of the questions we have been asked in previous years – please don’t hesitate to ask any we haven’t answered here!
- All pony camp food is supplied by Wellgrove Farm Stables, and the campers are supervised at all times by our staff.
- All of our staff have had CRB and security checks through the Pony Club. All our instructors are BHS and ABRS trained, and familiar with Wellgrove’s horses and ponies.
- Your own horses and ponies are more than welcome at no extra charge, and these camps also work as a good introduction to starting to do a little bit more with horses that weren’t perhaps ready for branch camps.
- The campers will ride a variety of horses, although campers with their own ponies can reserve the right to maintain their pony only for their own use.
- Required equipment list:
- Tent (please let us know if you have not got one, and we can arrange to borrow one)
- Sleeping bag, mat and pillows etc
- Enough riding clothes for three days. We’re happy for riders to ride in tracksuit trousers, but at least one pair of jodhs please if possible.
- Casual clothes for evenings etc
- Riding boots, gloves and hat (we can lend boots and hat if required)
- Wash things
- Pen and paper
- Dandy brush and hoof pick
- Drop-off time is 10am on the first day, and pick-up time is 4pm on the last day, but tents can be put up early and taken down late if required.
- A phone will be available to campers at all times, but mobiles are discouraged if possible. Contact throughout the camp will be Emma 07887 777191